• Members 3 posts
    Dec. 22, 2018, 6:33 a.m.

Hello, I am a regulalar user of the batle sight. I do enjoy the Left Alt feature.

Just latley I have been pondering if it would be a useful feature to have a team chat message automaticaly generated when the left mouse is clikced to fire the SPG round.

I was thinking may the message could read "FIRING NOW!"

This would perhaps help teammates know when a round has been fired at the target indication circle.

• Dec. 28, 2018, 1:36 p.m.

Woah I really like the idea :)
    I’ll ask Andrew what he thinks of it.

• Members 3 posts
    Dec. 28, 2018, 10:41 p.m.

Cheers. I have tried setting it up as a macro on my mouse (WoT Razor) and my keyboard (Logitech G710+) but without success.

• Dec. 29, 2018, 9:51 a.m.

Andrew ‘s opinion :

how would the team know exactly where you are shooting, and how to know the time of impact (can be several seconds delay). So that people don’t panic everywhere around the map for 5seconds every time you shoot ? He thinks making it unprecise will require too much attention from your team
    Making it precise in time and space, enough to communicate well with your team and not paralyse it is not easy.

If you can describe better how to solve these two issues maybe that would help ?
    — I’m a blitz player, I don’t know much about arty :) —

• Members 3 posts
    Dec. 30, 2018, 1:10 a.m.

Hi, when I am in arty I always ping the map with the 'T' key which places a nice flashing cicle on the ground indicating where I am aiming. Sometimes I see team-mates who back off so I can fire unimpeded. It is for them that I would like to indicate when the round is 'on the way'.

Is it an easy enough thing to do? Perhaps it could be implelented and I can try it to see if it is well received. It could be set up to be bound to a key like the Left Alt is with the in-flight effect.

I will be streaming my games soon when my daughter returns from holiday and sets it up for me. We would soon get feedback.

I can see that any game with more than one arty will also add to the confusion.

If it helps I can activate the Battle Assistant for 12 months for ten clan members. As a sign on intent I have activated it for myself until 18 January 2020. I know there are 5 others who use it and will do the same. I can arrange for another 4 to do likewise.

Allan