• Sept. 26, 2018, 4:43 a.m.

Sorry if I'm double posting, but I can't see where I posted previously. I'd like to see enhanced armor as an option for the target in blitz, like calibrated shells.

• Sept. 29, 2018, 1:47 a.m.

I would also like to see enhanced armor, the issue is that nobody knows how it works.

The mechanics for it have not been published by wargaming.
    It doesn’t simply add thickness to your armor as we could believe. People noticed overmatch rules didn’t apply, so they went in training rooms to prove it. Because of that the player base was upset, the question was asked in a Russian Interview with developers, and what they said is that it is applied to an armor homogenization factor. Such a value had never been heard before. nothing exists to detail how this works.

It would take many hours in a training room to try to retro engineer what enhanced armor is, by testing every situation and building stats, and then propose some approximated algorithm. Maybe it will be done some day.

Until then unfortunately we can’t show anything that would reliably play like in the game.

• Sept. 29, 2018, 4:09 a.m.

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me more about the overmatch rules not applying?
    I wonder if it's as simple as making 4% of penetrating shots nonpenenetrating.

• Sept. 30, 2018, 3:30 p.m.

Nobody knows.
    For the overmatch, people went with tanks with known thicknesses, say 50mm and a gun of known caliber , say 152mm.
    Overmatch rules say 3 times the thickness will never bounce. But 3x50 +4% should need a gun above 153mm to overmatch and not bounce. Etc...

So from the training room, we know it’s not adding 4% thickness. And from the description is doesn’t say it will bounce randomly 4% of the shots, even perfectly legit to pen. But this is a possibility, that has not been tested.

Bottom line, Nobody knows how it works.